[tei-council] Upcoming teleconference Friday 2005-09-09 at 1300 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Aug 31 20:45:22 EDT 2005

James Cummings <James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Christian Wittern wrote:
>> As Sebastian suggested, we would like to have a second communication
>> channel open via IRC Chat at the time of the conference.  James, are
>> you taking care of this?  Could you please post instructions on how to
>> get connected etc.
>
> Since there is only one non-council member hanging around occasionally
> in the public TEI Consortium IRC channel, does anyone have any
> objections to using that?  (If so, we can create a #tei-council
> private channel.)

I'd prefer to have a dedicated channel for the council.  BTW (showing
my ignorance) is it possible to have a log of the conversation and
post it for example on the Council pages?

> Basically, in almost any IRC client, set the server to be irc.freenode.net
> and the channel to be #tei-c and you should be fine.  In some clients
> this is done through setting up an account in various graphical
> manners, in others you might use /connect serverName or /server
> serverName and then /join #tei-c
> Alternatively, if you have the Chatzilla extension installed, in the
> address bar of firefox you can use this url:
> irc://irc.freenode.net/tei-c to connect.

Last time I tried this, I realized that I forgot to ask how do
disconnect, so my alter ego was hanging around there until the whole
firefox went belly up...

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern