[tei-council] Upcoming teleconference Friday 2005-09-09 at 1300 UTC

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 04:49:35 EDT 2005

Christian Wittern wrote:
> As Sebastian suggested, we would like to have a second communication
> channel open via IRC Chat at the time of the conference.  James, are
> you taking care of this?  Could you please post instructions on how to
> get connected etc.

Since there is only one non-council member hanging around occasionally in the
public TEI Consortium IRC channel, does anyone have any objections to using
that?  (If so, we can create a #tei-council private channel.)

If there are no objections, you may also be interested in the wiki page I have
created which contains the information necessary to connect.

http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki/index.php/IRC

However, the information on specific clients is limited, so do feel free to add
more detail!

Basically, in almost any IRC client, set the server to be irc.freenode.net
and the channel to be #tei-c and you should be fine.  In some clients this is
done through setting up an account in various graphical manners, in others you
might use /connect serverName or /server serverName and then /join #tei-c
Alternatively, if you have the Chatzilla extension installed, in the address bar
of firefox you can use this url: irc://irc.freenode.net/tei-c to connect.  My
preferred client is gaim because it is multi-protocol (does yahoo, aim/aol, msn,
jabber, gmail, chat protocols amongst others).

-James