[tei-council] EDW90 proposals (1 of several)

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 18:47:26 EDT 2005

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>Syd Bauman wrote:
>

>>><revisionDesc> applies to the document, not the header, surely?
>>>

>>I have often entered <change> elements in a <revisionDesc> that
>>describe a change to the <teiHeader>. I think of <revisionDesc> as a
>>revision description of the entire file (<TEI.2>, <teiCorpus2>,
>>whatever).
>>

>Yes, so do I.

I have followed this advice, and now removed all attributes from the TEI
Header (other than type). I have also added the following text to
chapter HD:

in the text to which a header is prefixed. However, it is recommended
TEI practice to include entries also for significant changes in the
header itself (other than the revision description itself, of
course). At the very least, an entry should be supplied indicating the
date of creation of the header.</p>

Any objections?