[tei-council] EDW90 proposals (1 of several)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 18:47:49 EDT 2005

Lou Burnard wrote:

> in the text to which a header is prefixed. However, it is recommended
> TEI practice to include entries also for significant changes in the
> header itself (other than the revision description itself, of
> course). At the very least, an entry should be supplied indicating the
> date of creation of the header.</p>
>
> Any objections?

well, I think the first sentence is sort of asking for trouble. the main
purpose
of the revision description is to record changes to the "document"
(or whatever word you want to use for it) as a whole.

but yes it seems fine.

we just made this fairly formal within OSS Watch, with
a more structured <change> and a controlled vocabulary
for types of change. we'd certainly a <change> if what
we did was record a change in the licence (which is in
<availability>)

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk