[tei-council] EDW90 proposals (1 of several)

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Jul 31 18:40:00 EDT 2005

I agree with Jas that there might be cases where you'd want to use
something different for a sigil and for an ID. However, (a) it's pretty
hard to understand what function a "sigil" attribute on <witness> might
perform which wouldn't be covered by *either* the xml:id attribute *or*
the n attribute (b) an attribute that then cites the sigil has to be
*either* a URL *or* NOT.  P4 shilly-shallies on this basic distinction
all over the place and It Has To Stop.