[tei-council] Review of HD/SH (TEIHeader) and CO (Elements Available in All TEI Documents)

Natasha Smith nsmith at email.unc.edu
Thu Jul 7 13:01:50 EDT 2005

Hello:

Below is a very brief report on our work on:

A. CO (Elements Available in All TEI Documents)

1.	JW and NS went through the whole chapter independently sharing
comments as they progressed first past through CO with notes for suggested changes.
2.	We scheduled a conf call for July 11 (several work-related travels
made it impossible to schedule anything earlier)
3.	Our opinion that the most work (and effort) will go not into
revision of element-by-element (and their attributes) but in restructuring
and logical reorganization of the chapter itself. We think about different
approaches in organizing and listing all the elements:

a.  by model classes (in cases when one element belongs to more than one
class, we can refer to the fist occurence)
b. alpha list of all elements (too long!)
c. both (in one chapter - by classes first and then a running alha list)
d. other suggestions are welcome

4. We plan to submit a report and proposal for the chapter revamp by the
end of August

B. Header chapters

1.	We worked on updating and refining the header spreadsheet
2.	Finalized the group of catalogers and received their time
commitment
3.	Sent out the excel spreadsheet to the group of catalogers for
their mapping guidance and comments.
4.	Set-up a group conference call for July.

all the best, ns

Natasha (Natalia) Smith
Digitization Librarian
Wilson Library, CB#3990