[tei-council] directory layout of a TEI distribution

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Jul 3 12:49:29 EDT 2005

James Cummings wrote:

> For the record, I view 'skeletons' and 'exemplars' as completely
> different things.  The skeleton gives you an empty skeleton framework
> for starting a particular type of document quickly, whereas an
> exemplar acts as a detailed example with text demonstrating and
> explaining particular markup solutions.

ah. I blame Lou, he told me to use the word "exemplar". you want me to
revert to "skeletons"?

>> should I use "p4" or "P4" consistently?
>

> Yes.  That is, it should be consistent, whichever is more official?

I think the system from which we are starting, the Debian standards,
would seldom
use uppercase, so probably should be "p4" passim

> On the below:  Although I'm used to the way the debian packages are
> structured at the moment.  Should the rational be to divide by
> aspect(?) and then by version, or by version and then aspect of the TEI.

the Debian agreement seemed to be to do aspect/version.

> In comparing the Doc tree and the schema and stylesheet tree don't we
> seem to be mixing and matching both of these two types of layout?

hmm. you are probably right. they should be the same

I am reluctant to switch the stylesheets again, though.

ugh

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk