[tei-council] more on internationalization

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 23 10:05:34 EDT 2005

Syd Bauman wrote:

>I haven't thought through how this fits into the funding question,
>but it is important.

I think it potentially makes the job easier, to translate a sentence of
text rather
than agonzing over with <respStmt> should be in Chinese or Berber.  Almost
anyone can do the former, but the latter requires someone used to tagging,
I think.

the file teinames.xml in the Sourceforge I18N area
has the infrastructure ready for this to work, with some
Spanish translattions by Alejandro.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk