[tei-council] more on internationalization

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Fri May 20 20:01:31 EDT 2005

> Could I point out a type of language that is under-represented here?
> Although I don't know any oriental language, ...

Absolutely! In the conversation Julia refers to we had spoken about
oriental and other languages briefly, but were not sure the EU (or
ALLC) was interested in funding these.

Doesn't mean they're not important, though. I don't know what funding
agencies there are in, say, Japan, Taiwan, India, Egypt, etc., but it
might be interesting to think about simultaneously hitting several,
in a sense saying "look, these folks are getting it translated to
*their* language, what about you"? Just a thought.