[tei-council] Funding for Multilingual TEI

Julia Flanders Julia_Flanders at Brown.edu
Fri May 20 10:58:25 EDT 2005

I've just had email from Harold Short, mentioning a funding
opportunity which might be valuable for the TEI.

The ALLC has a "project support" scheme which provides funding of
about 5000 pounds for relevant projects. Harold has indicated that
the ALLC would be very interested in funding a proposal from the TEI
to do some work on some aspect of "Multilingual TEI". He also says
that the ALLC Committee has indicated a willingness to receive an
application for double the normal funding limit (i.e. a total of
10000 GBP).  He suggests that such a project might serve as a pilot
for a larger-scale application to the EU.

I'm also posting this to the TEI Board, since they need to be
involved in the larger strategic decisions. I've proposed that we
might designate a small group with a representative from the Board
and at least one from the Council, to take charge of putting together
the proposal.

But the question of what would be the most important area to focus on
is up to the Council to determine. Is there an appropriately sized
chunk of work we could identify, that such a proposal could fund?

Best wishes, Julia