[tei-council] roma testrive

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri May 13 02:48:44 EDT 2005

Christian Wittern wrote:

>Dear Council members,
>	      <moduleRef url="file:///Users/chris/res/schema/mods-3-0.rng" ns="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3"/>
>
>which I put after all the other moduleRefs.
>
>Invoking my shiny new roma, I get:
>/Users/chris/work/projects/hd-stones/RomaResults/stone.rng:2920: error: multiple definitions of "name" without "combine" attribute
>/Users/chris/work/projects/hd-stones/RomaResults/stone.rng:3926: error: multiple definitions of "note" without "combine" attribute
>/Users/chris/work/projects/hd-stones/RomaResults/stone.rng:7672: error: multiple definitions of "language" without "combine" attribute
>/Users/chris/work/projects/hd-stones/RomaResults/stone.rng:16468: error: multiple definitions of "#start" without "combine" attribute
>
>All these look like things that exist both in tei and mods, but surely
>they should be distinguished by their namespace?!

No, because these are the names of Relax patterns, which are
not namespaced. Only the _elements_ (and attributes) have a namespace.

This is an annoyance, which it is hard to work around without renaming the
patterns on one side of another.

The start thing is a pain.   do something like this:

 <schemaSpec ident="whatever" start="">
      <moduleRef key="header"/>
      <moduleRef key="core"/>
      <moduleRef key="tei"/>
      <moduleRef key="textstructure"/>
      <moduleRef url="mods.rng">
       <content>
        <rng:start combine="choice">
         <rng:ref name="TEI"/>
       </rng:start>
      </content>
     </moduleRef>
    </schemaSpec>

In case I added support for this after I send you the files before, I'm
sending you privately fresh copies of the XSLT on my system.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk