[tei-council] P5, roma and bibl[Item|Struct]

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon May 9 02:07:44 EDT 2005

Council members,

In trying to follow the fine manual on ODD and actually develop some
of my customizations toward P5, I tried to provide myself with a
usable roma today.  To this end, I followed the following steps:

- updated my CVS tree of the TEI modules on SF
- copied a version of the P5 to a temporary location (did not want to
  mess up the working directory)
- extracted the files from Sebastian (p5.tar.gz and xsl.tar.gz) over
  this, both for the files from 4/27 and those of 4/28; the xsl files
  went into a previously created installation at /usr/local/share/xml/tei/stylesheet
- I did issue a make after setting my XSL to the above directory /base/p5 in
  the Makefile.
- This gave me functional stuff (I think) in $P5/Split and
  $P5/Schemas, but the build of the html version of the Guidelines
  still failes (due to Sebastians restructuring of the directory
  structure of the Stylesheets section, I think)
- Since the various exist related scripts called from the Makefile did
  not seem to work with my version of exist, I created and populated
  the TEI collection by hand.
- I now used the new roma script Sebastian send with the other files
  on 4/27.
- This gave me RN[GC] and DTD files, but the XSD production ended with
  the message that "biblStruct" was not defined.

I now went back to the non-patched version of the TEI SF tree and
grepped through the Source directories, this indeed turned up both
references to biblStruct and biblItem in CO/ (and possibly
elsewhere).   I wonder why we do have <biblItem> in here and why it
seems to be more priviliged than <biblStruct>?

This seems to be the last(?) stumbling block here and I would hope
that Syd or Lou will be able to remove it...

If you followed me so far, you might want to try it yourself; to make
this possible, I moved the stylesheets into exist as well, my
invocation of roma (I renamed roma to roma-new) is then:

sh roma-new --teiserver=http://chw.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp:8080/exist/servlet/db/TEI/ --xsl=http://chw.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp:8080/exist/servlet/db/TEI/stylesheet Test/testlite.odd

called from the P5 directory.

The relevant output portion is as follows:

========= 2005-05-09 15:04:08 Roma starts, info:
Test for software: xmllint, xsltproc, trang, and perl
/sw/bin/xmllint
/sw/bin/xsltproc
/Users/chris/bin/trang
/usr/bin/perl
TEI database server: http://chw.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp:8080/exist/servlet/db/TEI/
TEI stylesheet tree: http://chw.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp:8080/exist/servlet/db/TEI/stylesheet
Results to: RomaResults
Process Test/testlite.odd to create testlite{.dtd|.xsd|.doc.xml|.rng|.rnc} in RomaResults
========= 2005-05-09 15:04:10.N Roma starts, execution:
1. make Relax NG from ODD
2. make Relax NG compact from XML
3. make XSD from Relax NG and then mangle XSD
/private/tmp/P5/RomaResults/testlite.rng:4364: error: reference to undefined pattern "biblStruct"

ERROR:  trang fails.
This was a fatal error. 2005-05-09 15:04:35.N

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern