[tei-council] ODD manual

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 9 08:22:20 EDT 2005

Lou Burnard wrote:

> TEI Lite tutorial: I feel that it needs to be chattier and more
> accessible, with plenty of simpler examples before hitting people with
> e.g. xinclude. Above all, it should take a more "cookbook" style
> approach e.g. in presenting Roma.

yes, I agree that the Roma section remains skeletal. I would much
appreciate considerably more text in this area.

> I think the order of presentation is wrong: dtd and relaxng wrappers
> should be relegated to an appendix.

that was one of things I was hoping to get comments on, about how
important it was to mention this, and in what order.

perhaps surprisingly, I feel more strongly than most of you seem to that
the Relax Wrapper Method
is worth explaining. It is the more likely route to take if you want to
pull TEI into another scheme.

> The lists of classes currently in the appendix are necessary, but
> probably should be referenced from here, not included in the document,
> as we will soon have far too many such lists to cope with.

the reference lists are a detail we can sort out later, I think

Lou, since I am now working in other areas for the rest of my time here
(ie worrying about writing talks
to give in Australia....), feel free to hack the document around as much
as you see fit.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk