[tei-council] edw86

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 02:59:41 EST 2005

Christian Wittern wrote:

>In preparation for this, I wonder if we could have a (albeit
>preliminary) implementation of this.

What do you want an implementation of? most of the work
proposed is attribute -> element renames, renaming classes,
and changing membership, etc which does not need any software.

Something that is _hard_ to implement is the system whereby <a>
and <b> inherit a "type" attribute from a "teiatt.typed" class, but
specify different constraints (value lists). After a long discussion
with Lou last night, I realized that this needs a fairly serious rewrite
of Odd to RelaxNG. That is  Good Thing, as it will solve
some other problems, but don't expect it before Paris.

Much of what those EDW documents propose is simply cleaning and
rationalizing.

Sebastian