[tei-council] edw86

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Mar 29 21:07:25 EST 2005

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> I just said to Lou, and he agreed, that the best way forward is to merge
> the Principles sections of  edw86 and edw87 into one doc, and merge
> the Practices sections of both into one (separate) doc. there is sufficient
> overlap between the two principles to make it worth combining them in
> the same style.

That would certainly be helpful.

The discussion of this yesterday did not reveal any strong opposition
to this and certainly can be seen as an indication that the Council
thinks this is the right direction.  I also agree to the opinions
expressed that we should strive to finalize these proposals in Paris.

In preparation for this, I wonder if we could have a (albeit
preliminary) implementation of this.  At least for me, it is always
easier to think about this, if I can have some examples for playing
around with.  I also think that such an implementation would make it
easier to discover areas that need further attention and have not
fully been developed so far.

Any opinions?

All the best,

Christian