[tei-council] edw86

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 30 17:33:35 EST 2005

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Christian Wittern wrote:
>
>>In preparation for this, I wonder if we could have a (albeit
>> preliminary) implementation of this.
>>
> What do you want an implementation of? most of the work
> proposed is attribute -> element renames, renaming classes,
> and changing membership, etc which does not need any software.

I was especially thinking about the attribute->child element process.
Here we need to think about content models, sibling-relationship etc.
This is where I would like to see a ODD or Schema that actually
implements this, even if that is only experimental.

> Something that is _hard_ to implement is the system whereby <a>
> and <b> inherit a "type" attribute from a "teiatt.typed" class, but
> specify different constraints (value lists). After a long discussion
> with Lou last night, I realized that this needs a fairly serious rewrite
> of Odd to RelaxNG. That is  Good Thing, as it will solve
> some other problems, but don't expect it before Paris.

Does this also require changes to ODD?

> Much of what those EDW documents propose is simply cleaning and
> rationalizing.

That is what I understand;-0

All the best,

Christian