[tei-council] licensing of XSLT stylesheets

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Dec 8 21:49:42 EST 2004

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Choices are
>
>  1. leave as is, and attempt to educate Syntext about the implications
> of the GPL
>  2. create a separate licensing arrangement with Syntext
>  3. release the next edition under a very liberal BSD-like license
>
> my inclination is to 1, but I don't want to put off our fledgling
> relationship
> with such people, so 3 may the easiest way out.

This is not a Council issue, so just my personal view.  (1) would be
the best long term solution and should at least be tried.  It seems
that the understanding of GPL implications is not thorough yet in this
case.  Also, the requirement to bundle the source code is a
non-brainer for XSL:-)

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern