[tei-council] next Council meeting

Susan Schreibman sschreib at umd.edu
Sat Dec 4 12:31:15 EST 2004

hi all --

I can also host the Council meeting here. We would have to work around
graduation dates and sporting events, but there is a nice room in the
library we can use to hold the meeting.

There are three airports in the area, Regan National and BWI are the
nearest. Regan is often the most inexpensive to fly into, but it is a long
trip to UMD.

Hotels vary widely. The Inn and Conference Centre on campus is the nicest
hotel around, but it is between $139-159 per room per night. There is a
Quality Inn within walking distance which is considerably cheaper, but not
as nice, $79-119 per night. For those who came in for the Migration Work
Group, that was the hotel we used.

There are many great restaurants in the DC area, but none are within walking
distance. For the Migration Group we had several cars, so we were able to
drive to decent restaurants for dinner. This time, I'm not sure if anybody
would have a car besides me, so we might have to rent a car. Another option
would be to go downtown by metro.

Susan

Dr Susan Schreibman
Assistant Director
Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH)
McKeldin Library
University of Maryland, College Park, 20742

Phone: 301 405 8505
Fax: 301 314 7111
Email: sschreib at umd.edu