[tei-council] xml-colon-thing

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Nov 21 16:09:52 EST 2004

Though related, I think these are two different issues.

I am now reasonably persuaded that it is possible to make good arguments
for going to both xml:id and xml:lang without further ado. Drafts need
to be produced for the relevant pieces of P5 as soon as possible, so
that Council may review them. It is one thing to agree in principle to
an idea as sketched out e.g. in David's summary of the issues, but quite
another to agree to its full ramifications when presented in
Guidelines-style prose with examples and justifications.

I am also reasonably well persuaded that there isn't any immediate need
for TEI P4 compatability module, and unless anyone on Council  wishes to
argue otherwise, my intention is that we do not do so unless and until
the idea surfaces again in the TEI community. (But mark my words -- it
will).