[tei-council] xml-colon-thing

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Nov 21 15:03:14 EST 2004

We seem to have dropped this thread a bit. I was getting the impression that
the majority of council members do not accept the argument that P5
should have transitional features to aid migration. Is that a fair judgment,
or should we have a show of (electronic) hands?

If we _do_ say that P5 should go straight to xml:<thing/>, it can be assumed
that it will be possible to write a "teip4compat" module as and when needed;
but that we don't need to decide now either a) how much compatibility,
and b) how to own or maintain the beast. "A job delayed is a job done",
as I always say.

Sebastian