[tei-council] SO issues, before the deadline!

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Oct 2 23:39:53 EDT 2004

As actioned on the previous conference call, David and I have updated
the "issues" document from the Stand-off Markup WG (with no voiced
objections from WG members). In particular, sections have been added
to address the issues "referred back to the WG" in Ghent:
* the name of the main pointing attribute (target=), and
* how to handle what in P4 are IDREFS (whitespace separated URIs)
and the discussion of the new XPointer schemes the Guidelines will be
defining has been greatly expanded.

It would be really a good thing if every Councilor could read the
entire document (it's not all that long) and express either agreement
or suggested improvements within the next few days. If you can't read
the whole thing, at least read the sections "Changes to Attributes",
"Replacing IDREFS", and "Proposed additions to W3C Pointing schemes"
and respond to the first two ASAP, preferably by Monday afternoon.

It is available at
  http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/SO/sow09.xml
  http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/SO/sow09.html

In addition, the current draft of SA is available as
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/SO/sow03.xml, but unless you're very
curious, I wouldn't waste time with it yet, as David and I are still
actively working on it. Hope to have a ready-for-first-look version
up very soon, most likely Mon or Tue.