[tei-council] Notes from today;s conference call

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Sep 26 10:55:39 EDT 2004

Syd's explication of what might be meant by "co-occurrence" is
interesting, but
it leaves two questions unanswered

 a) does the Council, on mature reflection over the last few years,
regard the
ability to express this as a core requirement for the ODD language?  my
personal
remembrance is that this sort of thing was discussed back at the start
of the TEI Council
as a good tool for the future of the TEI, but never again raised its
head formally in any meetings
of the council, or discussion on the META list, until about a month
ago.  But I may well have
selective amnesia; and it might be regarded as so obvious a corollary of
the Durand Conundrum
that it didn't need explicating)

 b) if Council does wish the META group to allow for this ability in
ODD, it's time
to make concrete suggestions for a notation. I freely confess that I
don't know
where to start with it!

Sebastian