[tei-council] Layout of P5 on the file system

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Sep 15 02:59:27 EDT 2004

Dear Council members,

One of the issues I am pondering occasionally is how to improve the
thorny issue of dealing with the physical files of the TEI
Guidelines, its various Schemas, Stylesheets entities etc.  I hope
that we can find a layout of the TEI subtree on the file system,
which makes it easier to understand, use and maintain.  In this
context, I would like to recommend to the Councils attention a
document by the Debian XML team, which details the layout of the XML
subsystem in Debian GNU/Linux[1] and might serve as a good starting
point for defining our own policy.

If council members would agree to this, I would like to propose to
similarily document the structure somewhere in the Guidelines and
implement it for P5.

Comments?   If no objections are raised, I will put this on the
agenda for our next call.

All the best,

Christian

[1] http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/xml-policy/index.html