TEI on sourceforge

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Apr 14 12:42:56 EDT 2004

The "tei" project on Sourceforge is now set up, and visible
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tei/. This is in the very
early stages, but it is now possible for us to open up to
bug tracking, feature requests, etc.

Could I suggest that Council members look briefly at what is
available via Sourceforge, and suggest which features we
should use straightaway and which we should keep a low
profile on? Then Julia can soon make a nice announcement to
members saying that we are beavering hard for them.

Note that there is no software here at all yet. That awaits
a final decision from the Board about licensing, but I
propose to start moving some of my own material here quite
soon, including

  - XSLT stylesheets
  - tei-emacs setup (need to think about that)
  - TEI/OpenOffice material

I'd also like to propose that we move some of theworking
materials of MS, CE, FS etc to this environment as an
experiment.

There are no rules here yet - Lou, Syd and I all have admin
rights for the project, and can set it up as people decide
to use it. If any of you want to access, you need to get a
Sourceforge username,

--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services