TEI on sourceforge

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Apr 14 20:12:09 EDT 2004

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> The "tei" project on Sourceforge is now set up, and visible
> at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tei/. This is in the very
> early stages, but it is now possible for us to open up to
> bug tracking, feature requests, etc.

Great.

> Could I suggest that Council members look briefly at what is
> available via Sourceforge, and suggest which features we
> should use straightaway and which we should keep a low
> profile on? Then Julia can soon make a nice announcement to
> members saying that we are beavering hard for them.

Bugtracking seems one of the obvious ones.  I personally would also
like to see the source for the Guidelines (o holy grail) there in the
CVS, but that might be a bold move.

> Note that there is no software here at all yet. That awaits
> a final decision from the Board about licensing, but I
> propose to start moving some of my own material here quite
> soon, including
>
>   - XSLT stylesheets
>   - tei-emacs setup (need to think about that)

Please do so.  This would also be a good opportunity to unbundle the
Windows and *nix version a bit more.

>   - TEI/OpenOffice material
>
> I'd also like to propose that we move some of theworking
> materials of MS, CE, FS etc to this environment as an
> experiment.

Hmm.  How do you see the relationship to the stuff on the TEI Website?
Do/could we have some kind of automatic sync with that stuff?

> There are no rules here yet - Lou, Syd and I all have admin
> rights for the project, and can set it up as people decide
> to use it. If any of you want to access, you need to get a
> Sourceforge username,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern