Med. Man. desc. workgroup

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Thu Jun 27 10:05:37 EDT 2002

At 07:00 PM 6/26/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Merrilee,
>
>you understood me right: I am talking about how particular lines of texts
>are positioned on the page. It does look like an extension of
>transcription issues to me too.
>Probably some additional attributes which allow to define the extension of
>a rectangular, its orientation and the script would be a good starting point.

minutes of the January12, 2002 Council meeting (section 3.3), we agreed at
that meeting that transcription of primary sources was on our list of
matters needing to be addressed by workgroups in the run-up to P5.

That reminds me to invite council members who are interested in any of the
issues on the list in those minutes to consider submitting grant proposals
to fund a TEI workgroup on that issue. Obviously, these proposals need to
be coordinated with the rest of the Council, but externally funded
workgroups are welcome, as is made clear at the beginning of
http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw54.html, which envisions "TEI-chartered work
groups, whether internal (funded by the TEI), external (funded by some
other body, but recognized by the TEI and given a TEI work group charter),
or mixed (anything else or anything in between)."

John