Council meeting, January 12, 2002

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 11:12:13 EST 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Merrilee Proffitt wrote:

> At 10:12 AM 1/16/2002 -0500, John Unsworth wrote:
> >Lou says:
> >
> >>Is it really necessary to delay adding these notes to the website for TWO
> >>WEEKS? That hardly sounds like web-time to me!
>
> Well, no, it's not web time, but is this so pressing that we cannot have
> some time to review the minutes (that we haven't even seen)?

The formal; minutes is not the same as a brief summary/press release
stating  that the meeting occurred and a broad outline of what was
discussed. I would like to be able to post such a thing on the website
immediately after all TEI events (cf the Pisa Members meeting)

> If we are correcting things for the record, under the Estate section, I
> would add that the council was going to take a week to review the document
> and give real, considered feedback on the proposal through John.  The two
> workgroups that Estate would deal with are transcription and description,
> which were number 4 and 5 on our enumerated list -- metadata is not
> included, I believe (but then again, I can't print out and read the project
> description until tomorrow).

I'm sure the Minutes when they appear will address this.

> I think John did a good thing by posting a meeting summary for the board
> and council, and this serves the group that is on an immediate-need-to-know
> basis.

Do you agree draft minutes should go to the membership? If not, how do we
make good our promise to allow them access to pre-release drafts of all
TEI documents?