Council meeting, January 12, 2002

Merrilee Proffitt Merrilee_Proffitt at notes.rlg.org
Thu Jan 17 10:38:52 EST 2002

At 10:12 AM 1/16/2002 -0500, John Unsworth wrote:
>Lou says:
>
>>Is it really necessary to delay adding these notes to the website for TWO
>>WEEKS? That hardly sounds like web-time to me!

Well, no, it's not web time, but is this so pressing that we cannot have
some time to review the minutes (that we haven't even seen)?

If we are correcting things for the record, under the Estate section, I
would add that the council was going to take a week to review the document
and give real, considered feedback on the proposal through John.  The two
workgroups that Estate would deal with are transcription and description,
which were number 4 and 5 on our enumerated list -- metadata is not
included, I believe (but then again, I can't print out and read the project
description until tomorrow).

I think John did a good thing by posting a meeting summary for the board
and council, and this serves the group that is on an immediate-need-to-know
basis.  I am not in favor of posting unofficial minutes to the web site
without review.  I am in favor of having some short deadlines so that the
documents do not languish.  The world can wait two weeks.

Merrilee

Merrilee Proffitt
Research Libraries Group -- www.rlg.org
1200 Villa Street, Mountain View, CA 94041 USA
voice: +1-650-691-2309 -- mgp at notes.rlg.org