Council meeting, January 12, 2002

Merrilee Proffitt Merrilee_Proffitt at notes.rlg.org
Thu Jan 17 13:14:40 EST 2002

I think there is a big difference between circulating a summary via email
and posting a detailed (but unapproved) summary on a web site where it
becomes an official TEI document.  Possibly, you could route an email to
the members simply that the meeting occurred; saying who attended the
meeting; giving the major topics covered (but not outcomes); and when the
meeting minutes will be available.  Hopefully this would allow us to appear
responsive and demonstrate that progress is being made, without sacrificing
accuracy.

[Merrilee]

 > > If we are correcting things for the record, under the Estate section, I
> > would add [...snip]

[Lou responds]

>I'm sure the Minutes when they appear will address this.

Well, that's what I am getting at!  There are small errors that give the
wrong impression, and yet this document will be given the same treatment as
the actual minutes.  Who will go back and read the minutes after this has
been posted?

I'd like to hear what others think.

Merrilee