Re: ER as weltanschauung?

Leonardo Raggo (ac857@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca)
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:02:34 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, henry sholar wrote:

> I wonder -George, Leonardo- what is the sway of the
> modern concept of "worldview" that we must (following
> Nietzsche?) recognize such a distant stance to our realities,
> make of the world a "Christian view" to be overcome, or
> to live in the excess thereof?
>
> In an authentic time such an epoch-defining self-
> consciousness, such a decadence, would not be so
> obvious and perhaps would not be.
>
> kindest regards,
> hen

hen,
I'd share your suspicion but for this slip into "authentic" time that
would also be going from one worldview to another, because a worldview is
just such an outlook on an epoche. I guess I'm not sure what your
question is asking. Certainly, I wouldn't think it so easy to survey or
overcome something like Christendom whose underhandedness is tremendous.
Are you so sure that in the ascription of responsibility and the subject
( in reference to Steve C.) there's not some genealogical connections
between the Chrsitian soul ( over whose care we sweat and strain ) and
what you mention as self-consciousness? Doesn't Cx heighten the pangs of
conscience and ruin our innocence?

Leonardo Raggo///////\\\
ac857@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca

--- from list nietzsche@jefferson.village.virginia.edu ---