RE: ER as Ethical Thought

Leonardo Raggo (ac857@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca)
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:23:50 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mar=EDa_del_Solar?= wrote:

> Since our real matter is a discussion on Nietzsche's topics I want to =
> introduce another one: the relation of N and the voyages. How to =
> understand that characterization of himself as the "fugitivus errans"?Or =
> that "pathos of distance"?
> If somebody can give me hints about this, I'll be very thankfull=20
> maruja@netup.cl

Alo,
I think Nietzsche is himself the voyager whose fugitive existence led
him further and further away from the totalizing presumptions of Western
culture, that allowed him to mock its eternal verities and through a
lifelong process to overcome himself. No doubt, this may just be a dream
but one that requires of us to err in a grand style, with a "pathos for
distance" that's not the eagle's absolute knowledge but more like a
non-recognition, an abyss of difference that separates, for example, the
noble Greek from the barbarian. This is not simply looking down but also
away .............. aya, adonde esta las mujeres ... distance and
difference, going otherwise downward.
There's a new translation of the Genealogy that includes in the
appendix a couple of essays from around 1873 on the "Greek State" and
"Homer's Contestation" that might be of interest.

Leonardo Raggo///////\\\
ac857@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca

--- from list nietzsche@jefferson.village.virginia.edu ---