Re: [sixties-l] re the PNAC

From: drieux (drieux@WETWARE.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 19:45:11 EST

    On Thursday, Jan 9, 2003, at 20:04 US/Pacific, Michael Rossman wrote:

    > Paula sent in the snip below. Does anyone have more direct quotation
    > from the document in question, or more news about it?

    john piler's original article, that I believe you are interested in
    is up at:
    http://pilger.carlton.com/print/124759

    the PNAC's home page is at:

    http://www.newamericancentury.org/

    what may be a bit scarier for some would be

    http://www.d-n-i.net/second_level/fourth_generation_warfare.htm

    Since functionally the discussions about the 'post-cold-war' era
    and the problems of asymetric warfare have been in play - well,
    geez, depending upon where you want to start it, with the Green
    Beret and the differenciation of 'low intensity warfare' as a
    part of the contiuum of 'escalatory theory' that starts out
    at 'pre-combat phases' up through 'nuclear war fighting'.

    I can not speak for the PNAC, et al, but the technical discussions
    have been running rampant from before the vietnam era...

    ciao
    drieux

    ---