Re: [sixties-l] Horowitz' Pro-War Ad

From: Uriah768@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 14:11:20 EDT

    In a message dated 09/29/2001 11:22:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
    Sorrento95@aol.com writes:

    > Today Horowitz' full-page ad bashing the Vietnam-era antiwar movement
    > appeared in The Oklahoma Daily.
    >
    > He claims that many antiwar activists (himself included) of that time
    > "crossed the line between dissent and treason." He doesn't say exactly
    > where the "line" is.
    >
    > The ad looks like a subtle call for pro-war militants to conduct a campaign
    > of intimidation against those of us who might "cross the line" today.
    >
    > Has anyone posted any online rebuttals to this?
    >
    > -- Michael Wright

    I would have but (1) there is no point in arguing with Horowitz, as he is a
    revolving door when it comes to argument, and (2) for the most part, he
    didn't say anything new or, to be honest, worth arguing about. Besides, when
    has a "pro-war militant" (as you call them) EVER understood a subtle call for
    anything? Those who are against war have a right to protest as do those who
    are in favor of responding militarily. Sorry, but I just don't see the point
    on this one.

    Brad L. Duren
    Instructor of History
    Oklahoma Panhandle State University