Re: [sixties-l] Possible Virus from Sixties-L message

From: Charlotte Pagni (pagni@umich.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 21:04:09 EST

    Greetings. I am the sender of the suspect viral attachment, which . I
    have been consulting with the University of Michigan's "Virus-Busters"
    about this situation. They have advised me that the hybris worm virus can
    only infect PCs. The suspect document was generated by me on my previous
    Mac, copied to and sent from new Mac. [It was NOT forwarded to me by email
    from another party, nor have I been sharing files, etc.-- apparently that's
    the only way a Mac can become a PC virus carrier.] Updated Virex gave my
    machine a clean bill of health. It's always best to remain alert; but
    Virus-Busters say it's virtually impossible for my attachment to have
    carried that virus. Still, it was very considerate of our colleague to
    post his concern. Sorry for any inconvenience.

    --Charlotte

    --On Thursday, February 8, 2001 8:11 PM -0500