Re: [sixties-l] The Battle of Palm Beach

From: Marty Jezer (mjez@sover.net)
Date: 11/10/00

    Yes Walter, satire:

     -Mayor Daley's son as spokesperson for fair election.

    - Elderly Jews "giving" the election to Bush by accidentally voting for Pat
    Buchanan who virtually all, as Pat concedes, consider an anti-semite.

    Lenny Bruce couldn't have thought this one up; nor could Paul Krassner.

     Marty Jezer

    At 01:55 AM 11/10/2000 -0800, you wrote:
    >                   The Battle of Palm Beach
    >    or Will the Jewish Vote Count and Save Gore & Lieberman?
    >
    >(Satire?)
    >
    >Some conspiracists are saying it was Bush's brother Governor Jeb, but
    >maybe it was a clever
    >official who claimed she was trying to make it easier for the "elderly
    >to read" the ballots. Or was it
    >a mole (Republican, Democrat, Jewish) passing as an apolitical and inept
    >draftsman who years
    >ago created the "butterfly ballot" for Palm Beach County. Did she not
    >know it violated electoral
    >law to surreptitiously list VP Gore in 3rd Place and assign Buchanan's
    >"button" to the 2nd rank. ...........

    Marty Jezer * 22 Prospect Street * Brattleboro, Vermont 05301 *  website:
    <http://www.sover.net/~mjez
    Subscribe to my Friday commentary (it's free), just send me your e-mail address
    by reply