[sixties-l] Re: left excesses?

From: PNFPNF@aol.com
Date: 10/27/00

    While self-critique and learning from history and/or hindsight have their
    uses, they can go overboard.  Blaming the right's ascendancy on "left
    excesses" seems quite possibly a case of the victims/vanquished biting on
    themselves.   Indeed, if revolutionary change may be "the lion with seven
    heads," one or more will seem excessive to the others; as Cox points out,
    this is a matter of the unavoidable.
      Frankly, seeing some of what is happening these years to everyone but the
    upper "middle class" and upwards, I sometimes wish more of us had become more
    "excessive."  Sorry if that sounds bitter, but we on this list are, for the
    most part, the "haves", guys.          (Though indeed if global warming is
    proceeding so much faster....  Though I guess we remember the percentages
    (economic) into the Titanic's liferafts.  Though, again, will this one *have*
    liferafts?)
    Paula