[sixties-l] sixties historiography?

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: 10/27/00

    Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:39:58 +0700
    From: rituals in pagodas <rituals@hotmail.com>
    To: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu, epm2@lehigh.edu, rea15@columbia.edu,
         jwood@mail.sdsu.edu, lightshow@jps.net
    Subject: sixties historiography?

    greetings from thailand,

    an ultimate, impressionist hip text which reads like dispatches is the book:

         *dream time -- chapters from the sixties*

    by geoffrey o'brien. published by viking.  very cool.

    cheers,

    richard

    richard s. ehrlich

    asia correspondent      rituals@hotmail.com
    bangkok, thailand

    website, asia news, photos, books, film and links:

           http://members.tripod.lycos.com/ehrlich/

            <*> updated october 24, 2000 <*>

    copyright 2000

    Sixties historiography (multiple responses)

    sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
    Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:13:58 -0500

    [1]

    From: epm2@lehigh.edu (TED MORGAN)
    Subject: Re: Sixties historiography

    > Can anyone recommend a good historiographical essay (or essays) on the
    >sixties? I came up empty-handed searching American History and Life.
    > Thanks for any help.
    >Bob Strassfeld

    There's a pretty thorough and current ('96) essay at the back of David
    Burner's "Making Peace with the 60s" (Princeton U. press).

    Ted Morgan

    ================================
    Department of Political Science
    Maginnes Hall #9
    Lehigh University
    Bethlehem, PA 18015

    epm2@lehigh.edu
    phone: (610) 758-3345
    fax: (610) 758-6554
    ____________________________________

    [2]

    From: Rachel E Adams <rea15@columbia.edu>

    See Frederic Jameson's "Periodizing the Sixties," and important commentary
    on remembering the decade from the perspective of the mid-1980s. It is
    anthologized in a collection containing other useful essays, _Sixties
    without Apology_.

    ___________
    Rachel Adams,
    Assistant Professor
    Department of English and Comparative Literature
    Columbia University
    _____________________________________

    [3]

    From: "James L. Wood" <jwood@mail.sdsu.edu>

    See Todd Gitlin's <italic>The Sixties</italic>.

    James L. Wood <<jwood@mail.sdsu.edu>

    [4]

    From: Phoenix <lightshow@jps.net>

    how strange, really? Try "One Flew Over The CuCoo's Nest," by Ken Kesey.

    http://www.Key-Z.com/

    has even even more historical and cultural material particular to the time
    by
    many of the writers and players who were there writing and playing. Also
    their
    more recent works.