Re: [sixties-l] guns and who won

From: William M Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/06/00

        When the people are overwhelmingly on one side, arms don't mean much. Look at
    Yugoslavia right now, or Khomeini's revolution in Iran, or the Russian
    revolutions of February and November 1917, in all of which the men with guns
    moved over to the side of the people, and minimal blood was shed. (In Russia, the
    Civil War began months later, first with German aid and, after Germany's
    surrender in World War I, with the aid of fourteen countries that intervened,
    aided the anti-Communist forces, and lost.
                                        Bill Mandel