Re: [sixties-l] New Movie on SDS

From: monkerud (monkerud@scruznet.com)
Date: 09/27/00

    Has anyone signed on to any of the right wing listserves? I suppose they
    may just harrass you until you leave. Maybe there's a money making
    opportunity here for someone who wants to earn a few bucks bucks by hacking
    into the D. Horowitz servers, or the NRA or whatever.

    I find kill the posts from DH because they are mere attacks and offer
    nothing constructative to any dialogue. The accuse and condemn. Some are
    principally opposed to kicking anyone off any list or out of any meeting..
    we're not talking government censorship here, but anyone has the right to
    exclude or include anyone in any discussion at any time for whatever
    reason.

    The other thing to do is merely carry on with discussion and ignore the
    attacks. Be fair warned though, some have been rejected so often that it's
    a regular, accepted state of affairs and they never get the message.

    And yet, I'd like to know who is paying this guy Horowitz, a discredited
    former leftist who found that he could make money by attacking the left. I
    did learn something from the discussion about the guy in the past, mainly
    that the right wing has a lot at stake here and people like Adolph Coors
    will pay incredible amounts to protect their position, even stooping to
    using lackeys...

    best, Don Monkerud