Re: [sixties-l] Cointelpro

From: monkerud (monkerud@scruznet.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 17:28:40 CUT

    >Roz: We are all deeply indebted to you for that humungous job on the
    >Cointelpro
    >files. Bill Mandel
    >
    >RozNews@aol.com wrote:

    Just had a talk with Bernadine Dohrn and she says she's surprised that more
    people aren't mining the archives of Cointelpro. They are a wealth of
    information. I haven't looked at them myself but she says they tell stories
    that answer a lot of questions about how the left operated and was
    disrupted.

    Judging from the messages on critiques of the left and our tactics in the
    60s and 70s, this is a very appropriate subject, especially given that we
    often attack each other more vehemently than we do the right wing. Much of
    our attacks may have been based upon rumors perpetuated by Cointelpro
    agents. I recall reading that forged FBI letters that supposedly revealed
    undercover agents were used to break up the leadership of the BBP.

    best, Don Monkerud