Re: [sixties-l] THE COVERT WAR AGAINST ROCK AND ROLL

From: Jerry West (record@island.net)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 22:55:42 CUT

    Jeffrey Blankfort wrote:

    In San Francisco, I lived for a while next door to a Hells Angel house.
    On a number of nights, or rather early in the mornings, the Angels would
    ride their bikes up and down the street, revving their Harleys to the
    max. No one wanted to call the police because .... anyone calling the
    cops on the bikers would be inviting retaliation.

    JW reply:

    You deserve what you tolerate! The whole neighborhood should have been
    filing complaints and standing up for their rights against these wimps.
    Their reputation is far bigger than their sleazy reality.

    I had the pleasure of dealing with the Hell's Angels every Memorial Day
    for five years in the '70s on their annual trek to Bass Lake. We put
    them in a secluded camp ground removed from all other visitors and let
    them know that any misbehaviour in our community would be dealt with
    severly. They hardly ever gave us any problems.

    --
    Jerry West
    Editor/publisher/janitor