Re: [sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-Vietnam Memorial

From: Joe McDonald (joe@countryjoe.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 04:40:56 CUT

    once again Jeffrey Blankfort you are probably right and i am wrong. cheers, country joe
    mcdonald

    Jeffrey Blankfort wrote:

    > The reference to suicides came from other Vietnam vets, Ron Kovic, among
    > them, and have also from various articles and it seemed, from these
    > sources, more than rumour. Excuse me for excluding women from my comment
    > on the homeless. I surmised that most of them were/are men. Are there a
    > significant number of homeless woman vets?
    >
    > While I appreciate you have been on "this subject" for 30 years, I think
    > I hardly qualify as an amateur since, while not preoccupied with it as
    > you apparently have, I have never been far away, as you might have
    > noticed from my posts.
    >
    > Being close to a subject, however, sometimes make one a little too
    > subjective. But of course that's only my opinion.
    >
    > Jeff Blankfort
    >
    > > Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:36:58 -0700
    > > From: Joe McDonald <joe@countryjoe.com>
    > > Subject: Re: [sixties-l] Re: sixties-l-Re Vietnam Memorial
    > >
    > > Yes Jeffrey Blankfort i remember you taking pictures of my wedding But aside from that
    > > you are still a little sloppy on your arguments.
    > >
    > > i did not mention "policemen" you did.
    > >
    > > The number of suicides of Vietnam Vets, and suicide like deaths, has not been
    > > confirmed. The statement that it is higher than that of war deaths is still a "rumor"
    > > non confirmed.
    > >
    > > The remark about "homeless men" being Vietnam Vets excludes women AND the official
    > > stats nationally are 30 percent of the homeless are veterans and 40 percent in
    > > California. Most of them from the Vietnam Era.
    > >
    > > Jeffrey i have been on this subject for 30 years now and take it very seriously. It
    > > is disrespectful for amateurs to challenge professional with vague statistics and
    > > generalizations.
    > >
    > > Yes they were very nice photos.
    > >
    > > cheers, country joe mcdonald

    -- "Ira Furor Brevis Est " - Anger is a brief madness

    country joe Home Pg <http://www.countryjoe.com>
    country joe's tribute to Florence Nightingale <http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale>
    Berkeley Vietnam Veterans Memorial <http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/Links/Comm/vvm>
    Rag Baby Online Magazine <http://www.ragbaby.com/magazine>