Re: [sixties-l] Re: Vietnam War Memorial

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 17:52:43 CUT

    Now that was a great post. I would disagree only with your label:
    "World War II Consciousness." That was also the consciousness of
    World War I and, for this country, the Spanish-American War
    including the conquest of the Philippines and the conversion of
    Cuba from a Spanish colony to an American semi-colony. It is the
    consciousness of the imperialist stage of capitalism, as your
    mother, whom I deeply admired, would have agreed.
       About twenty years ago, your mother and I were part of a panel
    at the Berkeley-Oakland Jewish Community Center on Jewish
    activism, in which each speaker covered a decade. I think she did
    the Thirties. The Center would have an archived tape. I think
    you'd enjoy it.
                                                    Bill Mandel

    --
    To be removed from list, e-mail "Opt Out."
    You may find of interest website www.BillMandel.net