Re: [sixties-l] Don't trust anyone over...

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 00:00:03 CUT

    I have a chapter, "Don't Trust Anyone Over 30," in my Saying No
    To Power. The following lines pertain to the origin of the
    phrase: "Decades later, Jack [Weinberg, the man held in the
    police car students wouldn't permit to drive away the day FSM
    began] told me that he had invented the slogan, 'Don't trust
    anyone over 30' -- which became one of the hallmarks of the '60s
    nationwide -- specifically against me. He had nothing against me
    personally, but wanted to counter the allegation that they were
    being manipulated by older people, particularly of Communist
    persuasion." p.394
                                            William Mandel

    --
    To be removed from list, e-mail "Opt Out."
    You may find of interest website www.BillMandel.net