Re: [sixties-l] Don't trust anyone over...

From: monkerud (monkerud@scruznet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 05:54:39 CUT

    As I recall the "don't trust anyone over 30" motto came from not trusting
    those in the "old" way of doing things, i.e. "the old left," as well as
    thinking that things were so heavy that we wouldn't live past 30 ... at the
    time not because we didn't want to but because we were pushing the
    establishment and thought they had ultimate power of life and death over
    us. Who knew it was going to be in the form of "consumerism" for so many....

    best, Don