[sixties-l] Re: Black Panthers (Roz reply)

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 17:24:14 CUT

    From: RozNews@aol.com
    Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:29:34 EDT

    In a message dated 6/13/00 3:13:26 PM,

    << For Horrowitz to say "why
    would you want to attack police who are there to protect your community from
    predators" by way of dismissing the Panthers' actions against the Oakland PD
    is off-base. Even government-hired analysts under Johnson/Nixon conceded
    that urban black hatred of police had merit and that rioting ("Why would you
    want to burn down your own neighborhood?" -- >>

    As Huey said in the Newsreel film Off the Pigs. " Why do we need police to
    protect us in our own community, as we own no property that needs protection"
    I did a 4 hour video interview of San Fransico FBI Agent William A Cohendet,
    on his 80th birthday, he was the agent who opened the file on the Panthers.
    He told me that the " Panthers were no threat, they were just a bunch of
    kids. He said, " "The panthers kept chanting "Free Huey or the skys the
    limit , " If they had power why didn't they burn Oakland down? " He said "
    Hoover and some of the Assistant agents in Wash. DC got freaked out when
    they saw all these black folks wearing black leather surrounding the Calif.
    capitol with guns. "
     roz payne