Re: [sixties-l] welcome back and novel chapters site

From: John Ponton (ponton@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 06:12:02 CUT

    PNFPNF@aol.com wrote:

    > It is wonderful to welcome you back, Sixties list. It has been my good
    > fortune to meet several fine web comrades, to learn new viewpoints, and to
    > help (I hope!) through interviews several historians studying the sixties,
    > through this site; it is obviously a valuable site, and thank you, anonymous,
    > for making possible its return.
    > As mentioned in Brent Green's post, I had suggested and he, I, and 3 or 4
    > others through the sixties list were planning a website offering chapters of
    > our sixties novels; although delayed by miscellaneous problems, the
    > project/possibility still exists, as I don't think Brent's post made clear,
    > and I invite those (still, or newly) intersted to email me. While Brent's
    > novel is about to appear in print, and mine is being circulated by a literary
    > agent, the value of such a website for all of us writing the (necessarily
    > radical/subversive) literature of/on the sixties remains, and I think is
    > obvious. --Join us--let's see if we can make this possible-- The Sixties
    > list has indeed been fruitful in many ways.
    > Paula Friedman

    Hi
    I'm glad that the list is back in action. I didn't get a chance to
    experience it before it went down (I had just signed up at the time).
    Paula's idea for a website sounds good to me. I have written a novel
    about growing up in the sixties that contains the lyrics to several of
    the sixties songs and also has pictures from that time period (many of
    which were taken by combat photographers). It is available as an ebook
    on the 1stBooks Library web site (www.1stbooks.com). 1stBooks is an
    online ebook seller/publisher. Their library can be searched by title
    (MacArthur Park: The Novel) or by author (John Ponton). Alternatively,
    you can go to my website (www.macarthurparkthenovel.com) and click on
    the 1stBooks icon to link directly to my novel's entry in the library.
    An excerpt of the novel is available as an option on that page.
    I would like to participate in the above mentioned web site. I have not
    been able to find a site that is devoted to this subject matter (i.e.
    books on the sixties).
    John Ponton
    ponton@bellsouth.net