Re: Viet Nam Maps (fwd)

S. Graw (smg7@cornell.edu)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 10:11:49 -0400

At 09:58 AM 9/16/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I am interested in locating on-line resources for writing a novel about the
>Viet Nam War. Specifically, I need maps of both Northern and Southern Viet
>Nam, including VC POW camps in the era of the late Sixties.
>
>Any assistance would be appreciated.

Dear Bob Morris: Vietnam maps from the '60s are plentiful in the map
libraries of UCLA and Cornell. These range from Michelin & oil company
maps of the RVN (south) to Defense Dept's complete nearly micro scale maps
of the south up to the DMZ. As for the north, things may be more
difficult, although post war maps will be fairly accurate in that there has
not been extensive renaming of places as has occurred in certain parts of
the south. I would think other university map libraries also have
comparable collections. steve graw

*********
* From: Steve Graw
*
* at Cornell U./Field of Development Sociology *
* Warren 133B/ (607) 255-7684 *
* "What are we if not our memories?" *