Re: Viet Nam Maps (fwd)

Ken Kalish (liken@parkrapids.polaristel.net)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 10:17:01 -0400

At 09:58 AM 9/16/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I am interested in locating on-line resources for writing a novel about the
>Viet Nam War. Specifically, I need maps of both Northern and Southern Viet
>Nam, including VC POW camps in the era of the late Sixties.
>
>Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
>Bob
>rmorris@gnn.com

Bob:

VC POW camps were mobile. There was one briefly in the Mo Cai area and
another near Rch Gia that I know of. During the Tet offensive there was one
near Hue, but it appears that all of those folks were unlucky enough to
become dead once the tide of battle turned. If you mean NVA camps, those
were more permanent, although subject to relocation in the event of undue
attention.

Ken Kalish, MA Journalism & Mass Communication
RVN 1967-1969