Re: Student Query: David Harris (fwd)

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 12:53:55 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:24:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Stephen R Denney <sdenney@uclink.berkeley.edu>
To: sixties@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Subject: Re: Student Query: David Harris (fwd)

David Harris and Joan Baez divorced a long time ago. They had a son,
Gabriel, who is now in his twenties. Joan Baez wrote an autobiography a
few years ago that includes discussion of their relationship. David
Harris as I understand is a professional writer, wrote a book on the
National Football League a few years ago. You might find other books he
has written on a library data base (although his name being common, might
be confusing). Harris was student body president of Stanford Univ. in the
late 1960's, a leader in the draft resistance movement against the
Vietnam War. I believe he lives here in the San Francisco Bay Area now.
good luck,
Steve Denney